A message to guests, friends and partners of The Palacina Collection.
Recent events have introduced a "new-normal" throughout
and now, more than ever, the comfort, health and safety of our guests
and staff is our primary concern.
The Palacina Collection's extremely high standards of
hygiene are all firmly in place at our award-winning properties, and
we remain alert to advice from health experts and government authorities,
adapting our best practices accordingly.
As your next visit to Nairobi nears, Palacina will be
here to welcome you in customary Kenyan hospitality. When you next make a
reservation or booking inquiry with us, you will notice certain changes in our
procedures to ensure your safety and comfort. Please see a list of more detailed
steps we are undertaking to ensure the wellbeing of our guests and staff. Should
you wish to discuss these or any specific concerns you have prior to your arrival,
we will be happy to do so and you may reach us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for Choosing us and for the kind
support and we look forward to welcoming you to Nairobi soon.
Family Raguz and the Palacina Collection Team.
HEALTH & SAFETY PROCEDURES
Government and Regulatory Requirements
1. Palacina Nairobi is fully compliant with all health and
safety measures as laid out by the W.H.O. and the Kenyan Ministry of Health.
Prior to arrival;
1. Guests requiring a contactless check-in will email the
following documents to us at least 24 hours before arrival; ...a fully completed
travel history form, a guest health declaration form, as well as the hotel guest
2. Guests requiring a contactless check-in will be required
to supply scanned copies of the bio page of their current passports in advance.
3. Guests are welcome to let us know of their personal
preferences on service and staff interaction levels with regards to housekeeping.
4. Guests should bring their own personal supply of PPE
equipment for use during their stay at the hotel.
At the hotel
1. Temperature checks are taken of all staff and only
those whose temperature is below 37.5 degrees Celsius are allowed access.
2. Personal protective equipment (PPE) will be in use by
respective staff as required. (PPE includes face masks, disinfectant hand sanitizers
and disposable gloves).
3. Enhanced health and safety training measures have been
put in place for all staff, including the correct procedures for wearing PPE equipment,
social distancing awareness and case notification protocols.
4. Written instructions on preventive measures have been
distributed to all of our suppliers and contractors.
5. Regular disinfection is conducted across all hotel areas
throughout the day.
6. Increased cleaning and disinfection is in place throughout
hotel's public areas, back of house areas and in guest rooms including the use of
defoggers, sanitizing atomizer spray guns as well as UV light.
7. Use of hospital-grade disinfectants and that cleaning is
done with increased frequency.
8. More hand sanitizing stations around the hotel areas
including; entrances, lobby, front desk, fitness, swimming pools and meeting spaces.
In your Suite or Residence
1. Increased anti-viral disinfection measures in place
for all of our accommodation immediately after check-out to ensure that each suite
is fully sanitized before the next check-in.
2. Upon request, should the guest require less housekeeping
service from attendants entering the room, the guest can communicate this before arrival.
3. Laundry, bedding and linens washed at sufficiently high
temperatures to ensure sterilization.
4. In-Room Mini-Bars are available only on order (a'la carte.)
At our restaurant, bar and conferencing
1. Our bistro and bar are open and following strict health protocols.
2. Each table setting/area is sanitized before and after each
3. All servers sanitize their hands frequently and all of them
have face masks on at all times.
4. Palacina is also enhancing sanitation guidelines and training
our Food and Beverage staff on hygiene and disinfecting
practices. In addition, we are modifying our operational
practices with regards to in-room dinning.
Activities (Massage, Fitness, Swimming Pools)
1. Our Massage Therapy venue will remain closed at this time,
however private massage will be available "in-suite" with prior reservations.
2. Our fitness room (Gym) is operating at reduced capacity and
all equipment will be fully sanitized before each use.
3. Our Swimming Pools are open for guest use with high-touch
surfaces undergoing constant sanitization.
At our Swimming Pools
1. Swimming pool staff have been re-trained on proper chemical
dosing to ensure that the pools have the approved dosage at all times.
2. We have increased pool PH checks to now three times a day
(morning, noon and evening).
3. We now have increased sanitization in the changing rooms
and we also sanitize the pre-pool shower area as well.
4. We have installed auto-sanitizer dispensers at all changing
5. We have stopped usage of shared kids pool toys & guest
inflatables as well as all non-safety related flotation devices.
6. All of the above procedures are documented by staff and
checked by Management daily.
All of our staff (including our drivers) are fully masked at all
times while on duty.
Our guest shuttle vehicles are fully sanitized each morning and
evening and again prior to each transfer and we provide hand
sanitizers in all vehicles.